22 Social Media Terms Redefined (Just For Fun)
My point of view on life is that if you can’t take a step back and laugh at yourself once and a while, then you have no right to be living the life you’re living. Keeping that in mind, we all live in a fairly geeky world. The social media community is filled with techies and nerds alike… and we all have to admit that we have a pretty unique vocabularly! So here’s my way to poke fun at our geeky lingo.
22 Social Media Terms Redefined:
- Skype – “Silly Hype” Hype that is rediculous or silly in nature.
- Flickr – What one might do if their little sisteer was bothering them.
- YouTube – A tube of a personal nature.
- Facebook – similar in construction to a photo album but containing only faces.
- LinkedIn – The state of a person while they are connected to the Matrix.
- Ning – A “Ding” sound in the key of “N#”
- Slideshare – The act of sliding in order to share with someone.
- Twitter – Part of the insult, “You’re twitterer than I am!” Referencing that one persoon is more of a twit than another.
- Vimeo – A video that only contains images of the person filming it. Example: “I’m making a vimeo of myself roller skating.”
- Twellow – A stringed instrument resembling a Cello.
- Tweet – What one might do if they had to “Twinkle.”
- Hootsuite – A hotel room decorated heavily in wallpaper containing owls.
- Digg – An action taken by someone who wants to dig a really deep hole.
- Blog – Close relative to the wooden shoe known as the clog.
- Wiki – The sound a vinyl record makes when scratched on a turntable. Example: “Wiki Wiki…”
- WordPress – A machine which presses words into parchment or paper.
- RSS – Abbreviation for: Really Sad Story.
- Technorati – A selective cult of ninjas known to be tech geeks.
- Yammer – The act of Yamming someones yard. Similar to the act of using toilet paper to cover someones home.
- Google – One billion shy of a “Hoogle.” Which in the form of a polygon, would be refered to as a “Hoogleplex.”
- Diigo – Language spoken by the people of the Diig tribe.
- Yelp – What one does when suddenly startled by an unexpected pain.
Again… if you can’t laugh at your life, you have no right to be living it! I hope you enjoyed poking fun at our culture as much as I did. 🙂 (If you still haven’t cracked a smile yet, go google image search the phrase “Topeka Google” and start smiling!)